American Expat Tax Return

We handle the taxman whilst you enjoy your adventures and explore aboard.

No matter where you reside, you must file

No matter where you reside – you must file. All US citizens and Green Card holders must (if they meet minimum filing thresholds) file an annual tax return reporting their worldwide income.

I need help!
expat tax solutions

Expat Tax Return

We have been preparing tax returns for over two decades and as complicated as they are, someone needs to understand them. That is what we do. Day by day, 24/7. We have clients in 170 countries and have been helping hundreds of Americans (and counting) to file their taxes whilst living abroad.

I need help!
expat tax solutions

Tax Preparation

Our end to end encrypted, innovative software enables us to provide various tax-related services to our clients no matter where they are in the world.

I need help!

You have to file but you are likely to owe nothing

Most of our expats clients don’t owe or pay any taxes to the IRS. There are a generous list of exclusions and decutions we utilize that is allowed to bring more than $100,000 from their taxable income. BUT. You must continue to file. Failure to do that could lead to massive penalties.


What’s different about expat returns?

The aforementioned deductions are not automatic. In order to benefit from the myriad of exclusions available – the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE), Foreign Tax Credit, Foreign Housing Exclusion, Treaty exclusions, and many more – your tax return must be prepared correctly and tax saving tools utilized properly.

Factoring self-employment complications, foreign pension treatment, treatment of employer contributions, taxability of foreign passive investment corporations, totalization agreements, and digging through the dense web of tax treaties, the world of expat taxes is difficult and can make the most astute of regular CPAs throw their hands up in defeat.

I need help!

Our Pricing


Additional Forms You May Need

The IRS tax code is 10 million words long. Our experts will analyze your documents and let you know exactly what forms are needed in your specific scenario. Below is a non-exhaustive list of common forms we prepare in addition to the federal tax return.

FINCEN Form 114 (FBAR) (view) — up to 5 accounts $75
FATCA (Form 8938) (view) — up to 5 accounts $100
State Tax Return (view) $150
Amended return Form 1040X (view) (In addition to regular package) $150
1040NR (view) includes one U.S tax form (W-2, 1099, etc) $500
Form 8621 (PFIC Income) $150 (for one),
$75 (for each after one)
Foreign Corporation Informational Return (view) Form 5471 $600
U.S. S-Corporation — Form 1120-S (Includes State) $800
Turnaround time please

Our standard turnaround time is up to ten (10) business days per filing year.

We value quality over speed, and unlike other firms, we do not work in silos. Every preparer works with a supervisor to ensure that every return is prepared correctly and in the most optimal method for the client.

We understand that sometimes time is of the essence. That is why we also offer a rush service option*.

*Depending on the time of year and the complexity of your return, we may offer rush service: 3 to 5 business days from the time you sign our Engagement Letter. Rush service requires prepayment at the time of signing of the Engagement Letter and carries a surcharge of 50 or 100%. Please contact your tax consultant for a quote.

We always e-file for the client whenever possible, and provide a confirmation document. In some cases, however, the IRS does not accept e-file and requires that the taxpayer snail-mail the return to the IRS with a wet signature. In this instance, we would prepare specific instructions for how to do so.

Yes – of course. Your tax preparer will be ready to answer questions during the tax preparation process. If you’d like to schedule a consultation, we offer that as well via telephone or Skype.

Yes, certainly. We prepare all forms that the IRS may require, including Forms 5471886535203520-A.

When you complete your tax questionnaire, we will review and advise of what you may require, as well as prepare an engagement letter so you can see the costs itemized. No surprises.

Of course we can help. Contact us and we’ll get it sorted out for you.

Yes, we do. Contact us and we’ll get it sorted out for you.

Absolutely, we do. Contact us and we’ll get it sorted out for you.

Absolutely, we do. We file your return no matter where you are in the world. Contact us and we’ll get it sorted out for you.

We accept Visa & Master cards as well as wire transfers.

Yes. We file all taxes (personal and business) in South Africa.

Absolutely yes. That’s the idea 🙂 We want to make filing tax returns as easy as possible for you.


Raw ingredients


Happy clients


Skin improvements




Years experience


Happy Clients

Discuss your tax needs

We are always open. 🙂 That’s the idea, right?

I need help!